We are looking for
Paper Carrier (m/f/d)
As a paper carrier for the SWA, you will ensure that every household reliably receives the SWA every Saturday. Are you reliable, flexible and able to work on your own initiative? Then become part of our large team and support us in informing people!
Our delivery staff are an important link in our logistics chain and bear a great responsibility: it is only thanks to their high sense of duty and their untiring commitment that we can deliver the SWA to our readers in all weathers.
Interested? We welcome every application: simply fill out the form and we will get back to you!
Are you punctual, reliable and and like to be out in the fresh air?
Then apply right away using the following application form. By the way: a car is an advantage but not a requirement – you can also do your job comfortably by bike or on foot.
Minimum age 13 years. We will be happy to advice you.
Supplementing pocket money, staying fit in retirement, working during semester breaks: the job of a paper carrier has many advantages.
Frequently asked Questions
You should be at least 13 years old. Minors also need the consent of a guardian, e. g. parents.
What you earn depends on how much you support us. Or rather, if you distribute a lot of newspapers, you can earn more.
Delivery is usually always on Saturdays and should be completed by 6 p. m.
The SWA and SWA plus are distributed (unless you live in Wittgenstein). In rare cases, you may also have to distribute individual brochures.
As part of the delivery, you will receive tools such as delivery trolleys and shoulder bags from us. You need more – then just talk to us.
No, in principle you can also make the delivery on foot or by bicycle.
We will deliver the newspapers to your home or drop them off at an agreed drop-off location.
In principle, holidays should be announced well in advance. Ideally, you yourself have a substitute (friends, family, etc.). In case of absence due to illness, you should inform us immediately so that a substitute can be found quickly.
Tips for paper carriers
As a paper carrier, you will of course receive a detailed introduction including an introduction to your area of responsibility. In addition, we answer everyday questions, give tips and advice and explain how you can successfully master new situations.
We support each other
What good are ready-printed newspapers and brochures if they don´t reach households on time and reliably?
Absolutely nothing. That’s why you, as a paper carrier of the SWA, are an important part of our team. And that’s why it’s important to us that you feel comfortable, satisfied and pull together with us.
Therefore, if something is bothering you, don’t hesitate to contact our sales department. We will be happy to support you – just as you support us with your work.
You have an important appointment that cannot be postponed, are sick or would like to apply for a holiday? No problem – just get in touch with your contact in our HR department at least 6 weeks in advance. Please bear in mind that demand is very high during holiday periods and on bridge days and we cannot fulfill all requests.
We will take care of finding a substitute for you.
You know someone who can deliver the SWA in your district for you while you're indisposed? All the better! Just tell our team in the sales personnel department the contact details of your substitute.
It is important to us that you are well equipped during your assignment!
Therefore, please think of your safety:
- The most important thing: your safety first! If the delivery should ever be too dangerous (icy, fog, etc.) – take your time or, if necessary, sign out a little later when the situation has eased. In this case, please contact us and let us know.
- If you wish, we can provide you with a high-visibility vest that you can wear during delivery. So you are better visible for other road users.
- There is no such thing as bad weather – only the wrong clothing. Arm yourself with appropriate outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear against rain, cold and slippery conditions.
- Carry your cell phone with you – that should be certainly not be a problem 😉
The dog is barking, you can't find a mailbox at the front door or the streets are so winding that you can't find the right address? When difficulties arise while everyone else is still asleep, it's easy to feel helpless. Deep breath, here come a few tips:
- Can't find a mailbox? First put the newspaper in a dry place protected from the weather. You can reach our sales staff by phone. We will help you!
- The same applies to addresses you can't find. You can find help on the website geos.citkomm.de or download the free app MAPS.ME onto your smartphone. If you have any further questions, a member of our sales team will be happy to help you.
- Panic fear of dogs? Then you do not have to put yourself in uncomfortable situations. We want you to feel safe and comfortable. Just contact the staff of our sales department – together we will find a solution.
The SWA is the advertising journal for Siegen-Wittgenstein district and the Altenkirchen district. Our circulation amounts to over approx. 150,000 copies per publication day. Renowned companies have been our regular customers in the advertising and supplement sectors for decades.
We have decades of experience in the field of household distribution. We and you as a distributor are supported by modern IT systems, including a detailed geo-information system.
With four different local editions per publication day (Saturday), we bring interesting reports from the individual regions as well as service topics free to our readers.